Wednesday 25 May 2011

Made To Measure

As the young fashion lovers we are, its no suprise that we study Textiles at school. For our GCSE coursework we were able to make anything of our choice as long as it fitted with our design brief. As similar as we both are we chose the same design brief which was that our garments would have to be worn at a special occasion. It also had to show some sort of influence from another culture such as the colours, spirit and pattern. The culture we both chose to base our designs around was the country, England because we really love all the floral prints, patterns and colours.

LU~NA ♥

Constantia: So in the end, my dress was a 50's style, above the knee length dress. I made my dress backless with only a bow at the back that ties up.  I beaded the entire neckline to make the flowers and leaves stand out, which took countless days and nights, staying up til 2 in the morning! But in the end it was definately worth the time. I am really proud of the dress i made and i think all the hard work paid off..





Lucy: I decided to make a simple dress with a classic neckline and elasticated waistband. I wanted to make a long dress as i had made a shorter dress previously so the search began for an elegant fabric that would drape nicely. When i saw the fabric, which i would probably descibe as indigo, i knew it would be right for the design. I used free hand emboidery to add flowers to the bodice but kept the skirt simple.



2 comments: